Where are we going?

Συντονιστές: Anastasios68, Νίκος, johnge

Άβαταρ μέλους
Νίκος
Διαχειριστής

Where are we going?

Δημοσίευσηαπό Νίκος » Δευτ Αύγ 20, 2012 7:50 pm

A friend in an other Christian forum is asking:

"Epidemics, disasters, corruption, crime, suicides ... abolition of religious symbols, economic crisis ... where are we going!"

The Gospel is speaking about all these:

"See that no one misleads you. 5 Because many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but this is not yet the end. 7 Because nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be hunger and deseases and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. 9 Then they will deliver you up to grief and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then many will lose their faith and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead. 12 And because sin will be increased, the love of many will cool down. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved." (Mat. 24, 4-13)

This part of the Gospel says it all, we don't have to add anything to answer the question "where are we going". And then what can we do? Our Lord Jesus has the answer:

"34 But watch yourselves and don' let your hearts be weighed down in debauchery and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. 35 Because it will come like a trap upon all who sit upon the face of the whole earth. 36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may be granted the strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man." (Luk. 21, 34-36)

Ο Θεός, ιλάσθητί μοι τώ αμαρτωλώ και ελέησόν με.

Επιστροφή στο

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτή την Δ. Συζήτηση: 19 και 0 επισκέπτες